Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Facebook has enabled its screen sharing feature for Messenger on mobile devices, so you can share the screen of your phone or tablet PC when you call a friend in person, in a group chat, or when you participate in more important conversations via messaging rooms.
Currently, you can share your screen (or camera images, your Instagram feed, or whatever you want) with up to eight people in group chats or up to 16 people in chat rooms. But Facebook says it’s working to expand this feature to 50 people in rooms. The update is available for Android and iOS.
How to Use Screen Sharing Feature in Facebook Messenger
To share your screen, first make sure you have the latest version of Messenger installed.
Use Screen Sharing on Facebook Desktop (via web browser)
- Open Messenger.com, Facebook.com, Messenger Rooms or Workplace Rooms.
- Start a video call or create a new room.
- Click “Share screen” in the lower menu.
- Select “Full Screen”, “Application Window” or “Browser Tab”.
- Once screen sharing has started, you can hold the call in the background and click on the shared tabs/applications if you wish.
- Press “Stop” at the top of the call window to stop screen sharing at any time.
How to Use Facebook Messenger Screen Sharing on your Phone
- Open the Messenger application on your iPhone or Android.
- Start a video call by selecting one or more contacts and tapping the camera icon.
- If you’re on a call, drag the mouse to the toolbar at the bottom (where you’ll find the icons for hanging up or turning off the microphone).
- In the advanced menu, tap Share your screen.
From that point on, other video chat participants can see live what is on your phone screen. The video chat interface moves to the upper right corner of your phone, so you can always see your friends on camera while you show them what you have on your phone.
Messaging rooms on Android and iOS will also be compatible with screen sharing and can accommodate up to 16 people at a time. A few months ago Facebook introduced messaging rooms as a new video calling feature, with services such as Skype and Zoom. This feature allows up to 50 people to make a video call at the same time. And the good thing is, if you don’t have a Facebook account, you can join the video call.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.