Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Downloading large numbers of files to your SkyDrive account can often result in slow download speeds. Manual configuration change under the hood now improves download speed in SkyDrive.
Download speed optimization in SkyDrive
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
This manual configuration change overwrites the number of files processed during the download process. This setting increases the number of files processed simultaneously from their default value of 1 to 2 or 3
Manual configuration on Windows and Mac :
On a Windows PC , follow these steps :
- If you are using SkyDrive, close SkyDrive
- Press Winkey+R to open the Run
- Type %localappdata%MicrosoftSkyDrivesettingsglobal.ini Press Enter to open the global.ini file. If assigned in Notepad, it is opened in Notepad.
- When you open Notepad, add the line from ConcurrentUploads number = 2 as the first line in the file. Make sure that numberOfConcurrentUploads does not exist before adding. Do not make any other changes to the file. Save.
- You can set the value of number DeConcurrentUploads to 1, 2 or 3
- Start SkyDrive now.
And after changing the value to 2 or 3, see if the download speed has increased when downloading a large number of files or not.
On a Mac, follow these steps:
- When using SkyDrive, close/close SkyDrive
- Open terminal
- Enter the following :
Open ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.skydrive-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/SkyDrive/settings/global.ini.
- When you open the global.ini file, add the line of ConcurrentUploads number = 2 as the first line in the document. Make sure that numberOfConcurrentUploads does not exist before adding. Do not make any other changes to the file. Save.
- You can set the value of number DeConcurrentUploads to 1, 2 or 3.
- Start SkyDrive now
See if the download speed has increased when downloading a large number of files or not.
Please note that this adjustment can be beneficial, as it can only improve the download speed if you download a large number of files. But when you download large files or small amounts of files, it is unlikely that they will benefit from this optimization. If you think this change has a negative effect on your computer, you can change the value to 1. try it and display your experiences.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here