Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Windows applications are something that makes the Windows 8 operating system more engaging. Microsoft has therefore introduced Windows Store in Windows 8. If Windows Store is available, users can easily find and install the applications that interest them.
Please note that I only use the word’INSTALL’ because Windows Store in Windows 8 Consumer Preview has simplified the application installation process.
Windows 10 users? Learn how to install or uninstall Windows 10 applications.
Install Metro Apps on Windows 8 using Windows Store
- First locate and click the’Store’ tile on the Windows 8 start screen. Check the screenshot below.
- Otherwise, open the charm bar in the corner of your computer screen, select’Search’ then’Save’. The action should immediately launch the Windows store.
- Otherwise, wait a moment and let it load.
- Once loaded, you will see a user interface based on tiles and all applications clearly and intelligently categorized.
Here is a list of available categories:
- Social Entertainment
- Music and Videos
- Books and Reference Books
- News and Weather
- Food and Beverages
- Education and much more
- Don’t worry if you don’t worry. A horizontal scroll bar helps you to search in different application categories.
- After looking at some applications from the above categories, I chose ‘Evernote‘ and clicked on it.
- The application installation screen was immediately displayed. After reading its description and finding it suitable for my application, I clicked on the’Install’ button (16).
- I was immediately asked to log in with a Microsoft account to install the application. You must log into your Microsoft account.
- If you don’t have one, I strongly recommend you register for a Microsoft account first. Simply click on the option’REGISTER FOR A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT’ located directly under the fields ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’.
- You can then click the’Install’ button (16) and return to the start screen and wait for some time until the installation process is complete.
You can also install any number of applications for an unbeatable price, FREE! Of course, some of them can be paid, but you will also find many free options!
To uninstall a modern application under Windows 8
To uninstall a Metro or Modern application under Windows 8, go to the home screen and right-click the application you want to uninstall. An action bar moves up from the bottom of the screen to show you the options available for the application. Select Uninstall.
That’s it! The application will be uninstalled.
Under Windows 8.1, open Charms > PC Settings > PC and Devices? Hard disk space. Have an idea of the storage space each application occupies.
For touch screen devices, you must scratch the application to be uninstalled. Select Uninstall from the displayed options.
- Use PowerShell to simultaneously remove multiple Windows Store applications from Windows 8
- Uninstall and remove all preinstalled modern applications from Windows 8
UPDATE: With Windows 8.1, you can uninstall multiple Windows Store applications simultaneously.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here