Updated February 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Yesterday, one of my customers called me and told me that he received an error Invalid security token when updating Windows Media Center on Windows. I had never heard of this problem, so I did some research on this error message and discovered that it could be caused by a poor or corrupt Windows Media Center library. So I decided to rebuild the Windows Media Center library.
Invalid security token
The Library folder is a file protected by the system. We must first enable Show hidden files and folders and Show files protected by the system.
- Go to the Windows Menu screen 8
- Type Folder Options and select Settings and click Folder Options
- Now click the View tab and search Hidden Files and Folders.
- Then click Show hidden files, folders and drivers & Turn off Hide protected files from operating system
Rebuild Windows Media Center Library
After enabling these options, follow these steps :
- Press Win + R and enter %Program Data% and press Enter.
- Then enter the Open Microsoft folder, then.
- You now see a file named mediacenterdatastoreDB. Delete this file and reboot the system
After rebooting, Windows Media Center seemed to work. I am sure that this way of proceeding will also help you if you are faced with a similar problem.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here