Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
MSN Messenger Error 81000314 is a disconcerting issue when installing third-party software applications on PCs running Windows (32 or 64 bits). The error message 81000314 appears and damages all running programs. This means that your computer often crashes when running Windows programs. The speed of your computer will also slow down and react slowly. Sometimes your PC even freezes periodically for a few seconds.
The problem with this error is that you do not know if the service is actually unavailable or if the error is due to another problem. The error can be caused by the unavailability of Messenger, but can also be caused by an unrecorded.dll file. To avoid having to repair anything, you must first check the status of the service on messenger.msn.com. If the service appears to be operational, you can try to solve the problem.
MSN Messenger which is now called Windows Live Messenger is an instant messaging client developed by Microsoft. It is connected to Microsoft and compatible with Yahoo Messenger and Facebook Messenger. Although it was developed by Microsoft, there are still a few bugs you are sometimes confronted with, and to fix them, you need expert advice.
Causes of error message 81000314?
- Corrupted and corrupted Windows registry files or system files cause Windows to fail during installation or update.
- Download corrupted files or incomplete installation of Microsoft update files.
- Viruses or malware infections damage the Windows registry.
- Deleting Microsoft update files due to an error causes an error during processing.
Here’s what you can do to fix this problem:
Scan with antivirus software
You can also check your antivirus program to make sure there are no recent changes that could contribute to the error message, or temporarily disconnect your firewall and try connecting to Windows Messenger. If you choose this step, be sure to activate the firewall after performing the test.
Repair registry entries
If you want to edit the MSN registry manually, you must first create a backup, i.e. export part of the registry that is associated with error 81000314. Just follow the steps below :
- First click on “Start”.
- Type “Command” in the search field and hold down the CTRL-shift key on the keyboard and press “Enter”.
- An “Allow dialog” appears and clicks “Yes”.
- A black screen will be asked, enter “regedit” here and press “Enter”.
- Now you must select error 81000314 in the registry editor for which you want the backup.
- Select the “Export” option from the “File” menu.
- Save the MSN Messenger backup key in the “Save to” list and enter the name of your backup file such as “MSN Messenger Backup” in the “File name” field.
- In the “Export range” field, you must now make sure that the “Selected branch” is selected and click on “Save”.
- Your file is saved with the extension”.reg”.
- This creates the backup of your entry in the MSN registry.
Update device drivers
Your device drivers are often updated regularly to improve performance and other issues.
- Search for “Device Drivers” in the Windows 8 Start menu. Select the “Settings” option with the symbol in the form of a gear unit.
- Click the “Update Device Driver” option with the Toolbox icon.
- Right-click a device for which you want to get new drivers. An example would be the “Atheros” under network adapter.
- Select “Update driver software”.
- Click the “Auto Search” option to search for available drivers. You can then download the new driver.
Reinstalling MSN Messenger
If this error is related to a particular program, the best solution to correct it is to reinstall that particular software in your system.
Follow these instructions if you are using Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- Go to “Start” and open “Programs and functions”.
- Now click on “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Programs”.
- Click “Programs and functions” again.
- Find the program “MSN Messenger Error 81000314” in the column “Name”.
- Now click MSN Measure.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.