Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
When you try to activate Key Management Service (KMS) from a client computer using the VAMT (Volume Activation Management Tool) or the Microsoft Office 2010 or Office 2013 Activation Wizard, you receive the following error message:
0xC004F038: The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The count reported by your Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient. Please contact your system administrator.
To properly analyze and resolve activation and validation problems, you need a complete copy of the report created with the MGADiag tool.
As part of Microsoft’s volume licensing program, the minimum number of licenses in a package is 25, each volume licensing customer receives a special CSVLK key (or KMS host key) to activate an internal KMS server. Internal clients (Windows and MS Office) can be activated on this server via the KMS server without having to contact Microsoft’s activation servers via the Internet.
Incorrect version key
Each Windows product key is associated with a version of Windows. In this case, when you enter a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro. As Enterprise ISO is separate from Windows 10 Home and Pro versions, make sure you download the correct ISO from Microsoft Server.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
You are not connected to the network of your workstation.
Computers that are activated by volume licenses in a company must pass through the workstation network. Although the test is not performed daily, but when it occurs, you must be connected to your working network. However, if you are connected to your working network and this error persists, you may need to change your network settings. Please contact your organization’s support representative for more information.
If it is not possible to connect to your support team, but if you have the key, you can activate Windows yourself. Go to Settings > Update and Security > Activation, then Change Product Key, then enter your 25-digit Product Key. You may be asked for an administrator password or you will be asked to confirm your choice.
Here are some troubleshooting methods:
- Check that the DNS is configured correctly.
- the office in 2013, the office in 2016 and the windows in 2016 km of the KMS Schlüssel data centre
- installed on the KMS server.
- is able to activate Office and Windows Server 2016 clients with the new KMS on Windows Server 2016.
- The old KMS servers with Windows 2008 R2 are still active.
- if I manually point the Windows 10 client to the old KMS server under Windows 2008 R2, I can activate Winodws (slmgr.vbs /skms).
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.