Updated September 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
try to omit unnecessary subfolders and try to get destinations as close to the root directory as possible.
9] Check if there is a duplicate file or folder with the same name
If you use multiple PCs to synchronize with the same cloud drive and more than one tries to share a path with the same address as the location, a conflict is created. The path name can be changed on any device to fix the problem.
10] Check the available disk space on the system
Check the available disk space on your system and compare it with the disk space used on the OneDrive website. If the system has little space, the files are not synchronized. If you have little space, try the following steps:
- Delete temporary files. Click Start, then click the garment icon that opens the settings page. Select the’Memory’ tab and double-click’This PC’. Open the option for temporary files and check all boxes except the one that says’previous version of Windows’ and remove it.
- Delete downloaded files. Open the downloads in the File Explorer. Check if a file is needed and delete the rest.
- Empty the waste container. Permanently delete unnecessary files.
- Uninstall applications that are no longer used.
- Move files to an external hard drive to create space on the system.
OneDrive client can be restarted after system download. However, if deleting and weakening files does not take up enough space on the system, you can selectively synchronize the files with OneDrive.
11] Disconnect and synchronize the OneDrive PC
Right-click the white OneDrive icon in the notification area and click Settings. Click on’Disconnect this PC’ in the tab’Accounts’……………
If all else fails, the OneDrive client can be manually reset. However, this is a time-consuming process. The system must be connected to a high-speed Internet connection.
To reset OneDrive, type the following command in a Run window and press Enter:
% local application data%MicrosoftOneDriveonedrive.exe /reset
Ideally, all files should be synchronized again. However, if the OneDrive configuration no longer starts, proceed to the next step.
In the Run field, copy the following command and press Enter:
% Local Application Data%MicrosoftOneDriveonedrive.exe
This should start the client manually.
13] Use OneDrive Troubleshooter
Run OneDrive Troubleshooting and see if it helps you.
14] OneDrive needs your attention Error message
Your OneDrive space is probably full. Delete some files, purchase storage space or use another cloud storage service.
15] OneDrive elements cannot be synchronized or cannot be synchronized now
Restart OneDrive application and watch. If this does not help, you should reset OneDrive and see if it helps. Otherwise, shorten the file path and find that you cannot find your files in a deep folder structure – move them closer to the OneDrive root folder.
16] File with synchronization delays
Stop and resume synchronization.
Otherwise, open OneDrive > Settings > Network tab > and select Do not limit download rates.
The above steps are exhaustive and should solve all OneDrive synchronization problems.
These items will help you if:
- You cannot save files in the OneDrive folder
- OneDrive has CPU usage problems.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here