Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Windows XP Mode, a feature of Windows 7 (available for Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate versions) is a Windows XP virtual environment that can be used with Windows Virtual PC. It is specifically designed to enable small businesses to transition to Windows 7 by providing a Windows XP-based environment in which many Windows XP-compatible business and productivity applications can run.
Windows XP mode allows business users to access their software directly from their Windows 7 desktop.
So Windows XP mode for Windows 7 offers you the best of both worlds: the ability to enjoy the many benefits of Windows 7, such as increased security, productivity and reliability and get the most out of your older Windows XP applications.
This series shows you how easy it is to install and run many of your Windows XP productivity applications directly from your Windows 7 desktop.
Start from very basics, in this first article I will talk about Windows Virtual PC and What’s new in Windows Virtual PC?
Windows Virtual PC is Microsoft’s latest virtualization technology for Windows 7 and is the updated version of Windows Virtual PC 2007 (to create a virtual environment in earlier versions of Windows). With the release of Windows 7, Microsoft has introduced a number of new features into Windows Virtual PC, making it easier to run legacy applications in a virtual software environment such as Windows XP mode:
- Integration with Windows XP mode configuration (Windows XP mode is an advantage of Windows 7, Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise).
- A new approach that intuitively integrates the Windows Virtual PC (UI) interface into your Windows 7 desktop.
- The ability to use multiple USB devices in a Windows virtual environment, such as Windows XP mode.
- Start Windows XP applications easily from your Windows 7 desktop, Start menu or taskbar.
- Printer sharing between Windows 7 desktop and Windows virtual environment.
- Disk sharing that provides easy access to all host data in the virtual machine.
These are some recent updates in Windows Virtual PC. For more information about the Windows Virtual PC, see the following links :
Download Windows Virtual PC | Windows XP Mode.
To find out the difference between Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode and download a Microsoft installation guide, go here.
The next article in this series covers the installation and use of Windows XP mode on Windows 7.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here