Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Uninstalling applications under Windows 8 requires a simple procedure. All the user has to do is go to the start screen and right-click an application. An action bar is slid up and down, so you can easily uninstall the application. Although it is simple and anyone can do it – can you imagine the problems it could cause you? Any Tom, Dick or Harry can delete your favorite applications without your permission. It is therefore always preferable to eliminate such opportunities rather than minimize them. And the ultimate solution that comes to mind is to prevent a user from uninstalling Metro applications under Windows 8.
Prevent or stop the uninstallation of Metro applications under Windows 8
- Switch to desktop mode and use the following key sequence simultaneously – Windows + R. The action must display a scroll box. Enter gpedit.msc and press’Enter’ to access the Group Policy Editor.
- When you are finished, navigate to the following location:’User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesStart MenuStart Menu and Taskbar’.
- On the right side, look for the setting’Prevent users from uninstalling Start applications’ and check their status. You will find the status’Not configured’.
- Double-click to open a new window. Under the window, select’On’.
- To make the updated policy effective immediately on your PC, press the Windows+R key in combination and in the RUN field displayed on your computer screen, type gpupdate/force.
- Please note that you must enter spaces before’/’, otherwise you get the following error message:’gpupdate/force’ will not be found by Windows. Make sure you entered the name correctly, then try.
- When you are finished, go to the Metro home screen and right-click an application. You should not find the uninstall option now.
If you have problems installing applications from the Windows 8 store, read our article’Fix: Cannot install applications from the Windows 8 store’.
These links may also be of interest to you:
- Prevent users from installing programs under Windows 7
- Password protection and restricting access to installed programs
- Configure Windows to run only certain programs.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here