Updated December 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Battlefield is a popular first person shooter. However, many users said they were waiting for the game to complete the Battlefield message. This message prevents you from participating in the game. In today’s article, we will show you some methods that can be used to solve this problem.
Battlefield 3 is arguably one of the best episodes in the Battlefield series. However, many users report that they are waiting for the game to exit the message while trying to join the server.
Try another browser
Battlefield 3 uses your web browser to find the server you want to join. This method is not ideal and sometimes you can wait for the game to finish the message trying to start the game. To solve this problem, users suggest switching to another browser.
Many reported this issue on Google Chrome, but after switching to another browser like Mozilla Firefox, the problem was resolved. Of course, you can also use Microsoft Edge and skip downloading and installing a new browser to get Battlefield 3 up and running.
End the Battlefield 3 in the Task Manager
This method will restart the game correctly and you can check if the problem is still there. This method has worked for a lot of users, and you’re in luck if it works for you as it is definitely the easiest method on our list. Find out below!
- Open the game and wait for the error to appear. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc while pressing the keys to open the Task Manager utility.
- You can also use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut and select Task Manager from the blue pop-up screen that appears with several options. You can also find it in the Start Menu.
- In the lower-left corner of the window, click More to expand Task Manager and search for Battlefield 3 (BF3.exe). It should be right below the apps. Select it and select the “End task” option in the lower right part of the window.
- Check if the issue is resolved and if you are unable to join a game in Battlefield 3. Wait for the “Waiting to close game” error message to continue!
PunkBuster is not a program created by EA. It was developed by Even Balance and has been used in many online games.
You can uninstall PunkBuster for PC by going to Windows Control Panel – Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs for Classic View). If you are having problems with automatic updates or running PBSetup.exe, it might help by uninstalling PunkBuster from your system for a clean install.
Click Uninstall / Change to remove PunkBuster services from your computer. Note: you will not be able to play Punkbuster games until you reinstall it. As with all uninstallation procedures, be sure to restart your computer to make changes to the system.
You can also uninstall PunkBuster services by running PBSVC.EXE and selecting the Remove PunkBuster Services option.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.