Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Discord is a free VoIP application that is used by more than 250 million unique users around the world. Its popularity has been growing over the years, and now it is one of the most successful applications of its kind. Sometimes there may be errors associated with the application. One of the most important things is that you will not be able to hear anyone in Discord, even if your speakers/headphones are working normally.
This is a big deal but do not panic. We have solutions to fix it.
What should I do if I can’t hear anybody talking in Discord? You can quickly solve the problem by performing general checks. Usually the problem is caused by a hardware failure or an application error. You can then install your preferred device as the default device or use an outdated audio subsystem.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to do this.
Set a Default Communication Device
The method of setting headphones to the default communication device is often overlooked. It works in Windows and therefore can sometimes be overlooked by people who solve this problem. We have had great success with this method, helping others who people in Discord can’t hear.
Let’s go right now:
1 Right-click on the “Sound” tab in the lower right corner of Windows and select “Open Sound Settings”.
- In the sound settings, scroll to “Linked Settings” and select the “Sound Control Panel” tab.
- find your audio device in the list, right-click the tab and select “Install as default communication device”.
- After selecting “Install as default communication device” click “Apply” and then click “OK”.
- Restart Discord and see if the problem is solved.
This is another tried and tested way to make Discord work again. This has worked for many people and may be the solution you are looking for.
Checking your Hardware
The right solution is often the easiest one. Make sure the headphone/microphone jacks are properly connected to your PC’s audio inputs and outputs, especially if you have a desk with a tower underneath the desk and are rarely checked.
Gaming headsets often have a global mute button for input and output. Make sure you do not dial it by accident.
Headphone and microphone manufacturers are constantly looking for new drivers to solve problems. Check the vendor page of your model to make sure you have the latest version. In situations where you need special software for your accessories, make sure it is also updated.
Activate the Subsystem of Legacy Audio
To do this, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Open the rift.
- Go to the gear icon, also known as Custom Settings. You can easily find it on the right of your device’s avatar.
- Then you need to select the video and audio options.
- You need to scroll down a bit and you will find the subsystem option.
- You need to change the outdated audio subsystem.
- When the dialog box appears click on it.
- Click the ESC button and your problems will be solved.
- Configure your communication device to use the following standard methods:
- Right-click the sound icon.
- You need to click on the playback device option.
- Then, when you click on it, the option “Default device” will appear.
- Click the “Apply” button after the actions described in “Default device”.
- Once everything is done, click the OK button and everything will be resolved.
If everything else does not help and the problem does not disappear, Discord will be on top of the pyramid of technological companies, providing prompt and convenient support services.
Discord includes a useful VoIP debugging function, the results of which you can send to Discord for research.
After reading all the techniques and methods of dispute resolution, it will soon be easy for you to do it without assistance. All you need is a little patience and a careful study of the procedures and how they are followed, and your problem will be solved. Repair Tool or Reimage is useful even if the above steps do not work on your device. Since many reviews say that the above methods have worked, you can also try them.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.