Last Updated on November 30, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Conan Exiles is a challenging open world survival game that takes place in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian. As a player, your main mission is to survive in a hostile world, build your kingdom and defeat your enemies.
Conan Exiles was officially launched on May 8th after 15 months of early access. According to players’ reports, the game is still experiencing many technical problems, but the good news is that Funcom is making every effort to fix them. In fact, Funcom has also released a major update for Conan Exiles, which has fixed a number of connectivity problems with the server.
Conan Exiles developers also published a list of fast workarounds that gamers can use to solve typical gaming problems.
Make sure that Steam overlay is disabled
Steam Overlay is a feature that allows you to view your achievements, send messages to your friends, open the Internet browser, and more while playing a game.
However, if your computer is not working properly, opening a Steam overlay while playing a game can cause significant delays. Some users have also reported problems when playing some games when overlay is enabled.
Fortunately, you can disable Steam overlay directly from the Steam application. This will press Shift + Tab, so nothing will be done.
However, you can’t just disable it for certain games. If you want to disable Steam overlay, you will need to disable it completely.
Make sure that Steam is open and authorized.
- Click Steam at the top right corner of the screen. When the pop-up menu appears, select “Settings” if you are using a PC, or “Settings…” if you are using a Mac.
2 From the Settings page, click the “In-game” tab on the left-hand side panel.
- Uncheck the “Enable Steam in-game overlay” checkbox.
- Click OK to confirm your changes.
Run the BattlEye application as an administrator.
The BattlEye Anti-Cheat program plays an important role in keeping cheaters away from the game, however, if it cannot access the files needed for its operation (due to UAC control), it may cause the described error. In this case, running Battle Eye on behalf of an administrator can solve the problem.
- Open the Steam client and navigate to its library.
- Now right-click on Conan Exiles and select Properties.
- Then click on the Local Files tab.
- Now click Browse Local Files.
- Now, in the Explorer window, right-click ConanSandbox_BE.exe (you may need to open the Battleye folder) and then click Run as administrator.
- Then run Conan Exiles and see if the error has been fixed.
Authorize Conan Exiles through the antivirus/firewall applications.
Antivirus and firewall play a crucial role in securing your data and your system. However, this error can occur if your antivirus applications / firewalls interfere with the operation of the Game / Launcher. Therefore the problem may be solved by skipping the game / Launcher through the antivirus and firewall.
- Temporary turn off the antivirus and firewall. Make sure that Windows Protector does not take over the role of antivirus / firewall, in this case, also disable them.
- Also check if there are any files associated with the game, in the quarantine settings of your antivirus program. If so, restore the files to their original location.
- You can also add the following game related folders to the exception list (add exception to personal and public profiles) of your antivirus / firewall:
- C: \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ Conan Exiles
- C: \ Program Files \ Steam \
- C: \ Program Files \ Steam (x86) \ SteamApps \
- Then check if Conan Exiles has detected an error.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.