Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
How to Fix the FFXIV Launcher Black Screen Problem in Windows 10.
Update Internet Explorer
Open the IE browser, open “Tools”, go to “Internet Options” and adjust the following settings:
– Under the “General” tab, delete ALL browser histories.
– Drag the cursor under the “Security” tab to the lowest possible setting or no higher than “Medium”.
– On the Privacy tab, click Advanced and select Accept under First Party and Third Party Cookies.
– In the “Advanced” tab, make sure that the option “Run or install software even if the signature is invalid” is checked.
– Make sure that all SSL and TLS certificates (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are verified. (SSL 3.0 must not be ticked)
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
– Click Apply to save the settings, then click OK to close the Internet Options menu.
– Right-click on the FFXIV starter icon and select Properties.
– Go to the Compatibility tab and change the compatibility mode to Windows 7.
– Click Apply, then click OK to save the changes.
– Please restart your PC now. After restarting your PC, right-click again on the FFXIV boot icon and select “Run as administrator”.
To manually reset Internet Explorer settings
- Close all Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking on the Start Image button of the Start button, then on Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools button, then on Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab, then click on Reset.
- Select the Clear Personal Settings check box if you want to delete the browser history, search providers, accelerators, homepages and InPrivate filter data.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
- When Internet Explorer has finished applying the default settings, click Close, then click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.
Editing the configuration file
Editing the game configuration file to activate the opening movie in the game should solve the problem, as reported by many users. The file is located in your Documents folder and can be edited with Notepad. Follow the instructions below to proceed with this method!
- In the File Explorer, simply navigate to the folder location by opening a folder and clicking on This computer or My Computer in the left navigation pane or by searching for this entry in the Start menu.
- However, on this PC or on my computer, double-click on your local hard drive and go to Users >> Account Name >> Documents >> My Games >> FINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn.
- Windows 10 users can easily navigate to documents using the right navigation menu after opening the File Explorer.
- Right-click on the file named’FFXIV.cfg’ and choose if you want to open it with Notepad.
- Use Ctrl + F or click Edit in the top menu and select Search from the drop-down menu to open the search box.
- Type CutsceneMovieOpieOpening in the box and change the value next to 0 to 1, use Ctrl + S to save the changes, or click File >> Save and exit Notepad.
- Try restarting the game to see if the problem with the FFXIV Starter black screen is still occurring.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.