Last Updated on November 20, 2019
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Hulu is a paid video-on-demand service in the United States. People pay to activate their accounts, which you can then use on almost any device to watch your favorite TV shows and movies. Hulu will in some cases provide you with an error code that can help you identify the problem. Otherwise, and all you see is a Hulu reading error message, then you have to start with the basics, like checking your Internet connection and continue.
What causes the Hulu error?
Hulu errors occur when the application on your device cannot communicate with Hulu servers. There are times when Hulu servers cannot provide a video stream or your video is slowly buffering. Your cookies and cache may be corrupted, causing this error. If several devices are connected to Hulu at the same time, this can cause problems with the service. Sometimes Hulu can have a problem in itself.
To help you solve your problem, follow the different solutions below:
How can I correct the Hulu 301 error?
Changing DNS settings
Change the DNS setting of your PC:
- Simultaneously press the “Windows” + “R” keys and enter “ncpa.cpl”.
- Right-click on your connection and select “Properties”.
- Double-click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4)” option.
- Activate the option “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Write “22.214.171.124” for the “Preferred DNS server” and “126.96.36.199” for the “Alternative DNS server”
- Click OK to save your settings and check if the problem persists.
Change the DNS settings of your Xbox:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller and scroll to the Settings Gear icon page.
- Scroll down and select “Settings”.
- Scroll down and select “Network”.
- Navigate to the right pane and select “Network Settings”.
- Scroll down and click on “Advanced Settings”.
- Scroll down again and click on “DNS Settings”.
- Select “Manual” by scrolling down.
- Enter “188.8.131.52” as the primary address and “184.108.40.206” as the secondary address.
- Press “Enter” and your DNS address is changed.
- Check if the problem persists.
Disconnect other devices from your network.
- Protect your network and make sure that no one is connected without your knowledge.
- If you have multiple computers, smartphones, game consoles and other devices connected to your network, disconnect them.
- If the reading error disappears, you can buy a multiband router or a router that can give priority to continuous traffic.
Check the settings of your router:
- Try changing the DNS (Domain Name Server) settings of your router.
- If you don’t know what DNS is or how to change it, read our complete guide to the most popular routers to change the DNS.
- If your router allows you to give priority to certain types of traffic or devices, first set the device you are trying to see to Hulu.
Restart your device and network devices:
- Turn off, slow down and disconnect your streaming device and network devices completely.
- Leave your appliances on for about a minute.
- Reconnect the equipment, turn it on and check if there is still a reading error in Hulu.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.