Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
A message: “Microsoft Edge is used for sharing. When you close Microsoft Edge, some items may not be shared when you try to close Microsoft Edge, and no matter how often you click Close, the browser window does not close. There is no complete solution to this message, and no one really knows what the cause is, but there is a quick way to close the browser and reopen all your current tabs.
When using Microsoft Edge, a problem occurs that moves the New + Tab button to the far right of the browser, preventing you from using the browser with the message “Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing. When you close Microsoft Edge, some items may not be shared.” It will look like the image below:
Close Microsoft Edge using the Task Manager
As we have already noted, this problem will occur due to a Microsoft error that Microsoft fixed several months ago. But if you’re not ready to install the next updates (for various reasons), there’s an additional workaround to get rid of this annoying pop-up message in Edge.
Several Windows 10 users who have repeatedly encountered the pop-up “Microsoft Edge is used for sharing” have confirmed that they have found a workaround solution that allows them to stop the error message. Unfortunately, the correction is only temporary because the error will occur again at the next start.
On the other hand, after applying this correction, you can open and close Microsoft Edge as often as you like without encountering the error message again – and you will not lose any open tabs.
Here is a brief guide to maintain the pop-up window “Microsoft edge is used for sharing” by leaving the process through the task manager:
- Once you see the error message in Microsoft Edge, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open an instance of the Task Manager.
- If you are in the Task Manager, select the Process tab from the list of horizontal menu items at the top.
- In the Processes tab, scroll down the list of active processes and locate Microsoft Edge.
- When you see the item associated with Microsoft Edge, right-click it and select Finish Task from the context menu.
Update Microsoft Edge Browser
Edge updates are automatically installed when Windows 10 is updated. So to keep Edge up to date, you must keep Windows 10 up to date.
- Click on the Start button
- Click on Settings
- Select “Updates and security”.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Windows 10 connects to Microsoft and checks for updates.
- If they are found, they will be installed and you will receive the latest version of Edge.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.