Updated September 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The Razer Synapse doesn’t open problem has existed for many years since its release. If you are a gamer and a Razer fan, the lack of access to Razer Synapse can upset you. It is frustrating because after the mentioned problem you can no longer use the mouse and keyboard connected to your PC and your game stops working. For this reason we also help you with some problems with Razer synapses and their solutions.
What is Razer Synapse?
Razer Synapse is a single configuration software released by Razer to configure and customize a number of Razer hardware (RGB illumination, keyboard macros, mouse DPI, etc.). Synapse officially allows its users to link controls or assign macros to their Razer devices and automatically saves all user settings in the cloud. When users work with new Razer devices, they can apply specific settings to their device from cloud storage without having to configure them individually.
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed below, it’s best to restart your computer first. This action will update your operating system and remove any damaged temporary data that may cause the problem.
There are several factors that can cause this particular problem, from damaged Synapse software to an outdated Windows update. Here are the troubleshooting steps you can take to solve this problem.
Reinstall the Razer Synapse
If the problem is caused by software corruption, the best way to solve it is to remove and then reinstall the Razer Synapse.
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run application. Type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialog box and press Enter. A new window will appear with all the programs installed on your computer.
- Perform the following steps for Razer Synapse and Razer Core. Right-click on the application and select “Delete”.
- Click Windows + E to launch the Explorer. Browse to the following folder: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Razer
- Click the “View” tab at the top of the screen and activate “Hidden items”.
- 400 ″> Delete all files in this folder. User account control may appear to confirm your actions. When prompted, select Yes.
- Press Windows + E to launch Explorer. Browse to the following folder: C: \ ProgramData \ Razer and delete all files.
- Reboot your computer.
- Press Windows + R and type “devmgmt.msc”.
- In Device Manager, expand the category of the Razer device you are using. Right-click the device and select “Delete device”.
- Click “Uninstall” and activate the “Uninstall driver software from this device” option.
- Repeat this process for all Razer devices.
- Disconnect all Razer devices from your computer, then reboot.
- Disconnect all firewalls / antivirus applications.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework from the official website.
- Reboot your computer.
- Download Razer Synapse from the official website and install the package.
- Check if the Razer Synapse opening problem persists.
Close the processes related to the Razer.
Some users report that they have fixed the problem with opening the Razer Synapse by closing the process associated with the Razer beforehand. Feel free to try it.
- Right-click the Start button and select Task Manager from the pop-up list. In the Task Manager window, right-click all the Razer processes listed on the Processes tab and click “Complete the task” to close them all.
- You can then run Razer Synapse as administrator to see if you can open it normally.
Install the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework
If you do not install the .NET Framework, Razer Synapse may not work or open. Since Microsoft .NET Framework is a system requirement for Razer Synapse.
If you have already installed the Framework, make sure it is the latest version. You can check on the official website if your framework is out of date. If there is a new version, download and install it by instructions.
Perform a clean install of the Razer device drivers.
If any of the Razer device drivers are outdated, missing or damaged, Razer Synapse may not work. Just follow these simple steps to make sure you have the right driver for your Razer devices.
1) Simultaneously press the key with the Windows logo and R on your keyboard to open the “Run” dialog.
2) Enter devmgmt.msc and press OK.
3) Remove all your Razer devices.
You can find them in “Razer Device”, “UI Devices”, “Keyboards, Mice or other pointing devices”.
4) Remove all your Razer devices from your computer. Keep them separately for about 3 minutes.
5) Reconnect all Razer devices to your computer. Windows will automatically reinstall drivers for your Razer devices.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.