Last Updated on January 9, 2019
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
WD My Passport Ultra is an external hard drive that users can use with Windows 10 desktops and laptops. However, some users have indicated that their connected desktops and laptops do not recognize WD My Passport Ultra drives.
The player is not recognized and does not appear in Windows 10 File Explorer. These are some possible solutions that WD My Passport Ultra could fix if it is not detected.
Disconnect/Reconnect the Power Cord
- Turn off the computer.
- Unplug the power cord from the computer itself.
- Unplug the power cable from the hard disk drive.
- Reconnect the power cord to the computer itself.
- Start the computer to see if the inverter signal has already been heard.
- Then repeat, only reconnect the hard disk and make sure it spins.
- Switch power cables with a device such as a CD-ROM or DVDROM drive to use a power cable of known quality.
- Check the power supply to your computer to see if it provides enough power to run the drives and devices you have in your computer.
- If the disc still does not rotate, try connecting it to another computer and checking it.
Change the WD Drive Letter and Path
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to call the Run command.
- Type diskmgmt.msc in the field to open Disk Management.
- Right-click on your WD drive and select Change Drive Letter and Paths
- Click on the Add icon in the pop-up window and select the drive letter next to Assign the next driver letter. Then click OK to save the setting. Note: If a letter is already assigned to your WD driver, click the Change icon and select a different letter for it.
- Restart your computer to see if your WD product has been successfully detected.
Try Another USB or PC cable
If your computer cannot recognize or read your WD hard drive, you can first try changing the USB cable and connecting it to another USB port or a new PC to see if the drive can be read or not.
If the drive can be read with a new USB cable or on a new PC, the drive will work properly. The problem is with the USB cable.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.