Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Windows 0xc004f063 activation error on Windows PC, probably due to a cache or update of your BIOS. You can reset your activation. Also make sure that your Windows is completely updated.
You may not be able to activate your version of Windows. The error code that occurs when this process fails is 0xc004f063, and the error code is always accompanied by the error message “Software Licensing Service has reported that the computer’s BIOS is missing a required license”.
If you encounter the Windows 0xc004f063 activation error, follow these instructions to solve this problem.
Recreate the Licensing Store
- Click on the Start button.
- Type: CMD.exe in the’Search programs and files’ field.
- Right-click on CMD.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Type: net stop sppsvc (He may ask you if you are sure, choose yes)
Note: The software protection service may not be active, that’s fine.
- Type: cd %windir%\Service profiles\Network service\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Software ProtectionPlatform
- Type: Rename token.dat Token.bar
- Type : cd %windir%\system32
- Type : Starting the sppsvc network
- Type: slui.exe
After a few seconds, the Windows Activation dialog box appears. You may be asked to reactivate and/or enter your product key, or it can be activated automatically.
Run the Activation Troubleshooter
If the problem is caused by a license restriction, you can try to troubleshoot Windows activation to solve it. Here is a quick guide.
Step 1: Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Then, type ms-settings:activation and press Enter to open the Activation tab of the Settings screen.
Step 2: On the Activation tab, click on the Troubleshooting button on the right.
Step 3: Once the troubleshooting has completed detecting the problem, click Apply this fix to execute a repair strategy.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the product key
If you can then start normally, try uninstalling and reinstalling the product key and see if it helps you.
a. Click on Start, and type “cmd” (without quotation marks) in the Start search box.
b. In the list of programs, right-click on cmd and select Run as administrator.
c. In the command line, type the following command, then press Enter after each command.
slmgr -ipk (your product key)
d. Activate the copy again and check if it works.
Activation by phone
You may need to activate by phone.
1) Click on the Start button.
2) Type : slui.exe 3 and press the Enter key.
3) Enter the product key on the COA sticker on your laptop.
4) Click on the Next button.
5) You will be asked if you want to activate, click on ok.
6) An activation attempt via Internet is made and returns an error with an invalid key (this is OK, go to step 7).
7) Click on the Start button.
Type : slui.exe 4 and press the Enter key.
9) Select your location from the drop-down menu and click on the Next button.
10) The next screen displays the number to call for telephone activation.
NOTE: When you call this number, you will first hear an automatic voice. If the automated voice allows you to speak with a live activation representative, select this option.
If not, do not enter any numbers. This should force the automated voice to transfer you to a live activation representative.
Attempting to perform activation by automated voice will not work in your case; only activation by Live Activation Rep. will be successful.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.