Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Can’t install the AMD drivers on your PC? This can be a big problem and can significantly affect your multimedia and gaming performance, but there is a way to solve it once and for all.
If you are using an AMD graphics card, you may experience problems after installing Windows 10.
Some users report that when they try to install their AMD drivers, the installation could not be completed because an error with a detection driver occurred.
Bin64\InstallManagerApp.exe is a software component of Advanced Micro Devices or AMD’s Catalyst Control Center. The Catalyst Control Center is a utility for ATI Radeon graphics cards that is used to overclock and optimize them. InstallManagerApp.exe runs the Catalyst Control Center installation wizard. Therefore, if it is missing, the Catalyst Control Center installation may not work.
It is ideal to have Windows updated for each driver installation. Follow these steps to make sure your Windows is up to date:
- Click Start > Gear icon settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Click on Check for updates. Updates will now be installed.
- Keep checking for updates until you are informed that Windows is up to date.
Uninstall your current driver.
To install the AMD Catalyst drivers, you must first uninstall the drivers that Microsoft installed when configuring your system.
AMD Catalyst Uninstall Utility allows you to easily uninstall your drivers, and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Select AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
- Click on Edit.
- When prompted by the AMD Catalyst Install Manager – InstallShield Installation Wizard, select Uninstall Express Uninstall ALL ATI Software.
- Click OK to allow the AMD Catalyst Install Manager – InstallShield Installation Wizard to remove ALL AMD application drivers and components.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart the system and complete the uninstall process.
- When the utility has finished uninstalling all AMD drivers, your screen should look like that of an installed standard VGA driver.
Once the process is complete, all your default drivers will be uninstalled and your screen will look like you have installed a default VGA driver.
If you do not have AMD drivers installed on your computer, restart the AMD Catalyst configuration and install your AMD Catalyst drivers normally.
Run SFC Scan
Run the Windows Self Test Tool to check for automatic analysis and repair of corrupted files on Windows. There is a tutorial here on how to do it. You must execute a elevated prompt (elevated means executing it as an administrator) and enter SFC /SCANNOW. This generates a statement indicating whether errors were found in the operating system and whether they were recoverable.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.