Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Windows 10 cannot connect to this network is a common error in Windows 10 and usually occurs when you try to connect to a WIFI network or hotspot and Windows returns an error.
Fortunately, even if you are not a technician, you can fix this error. Just follow these simple steps, and this common Windows error will never bother you again.
Update your network adapter drivers
- Sometimes wireless network problems are caused by obsolete drivers. To solve the problem of Windows 10 not being able to connect to the network, you need to download the latest drivers for your network adapter.
- To do this, you need a computer or other device with a working Internet connection. All you have to do is go to the website of your network adapter manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your network adapter.
- After installing the latest drivers, this problem should be solved.
- Users can certainly update the device drivers on their PC manually by visiting the website of any device manufacturer and searching there, or on the Internet, for the appropriate driver for their device type and model.
Reinstall the network adapter
Your network adapter establishes your connection to a network. If you see the error “Cannot connect to this network”, something is wrong with your network adapter.
The easiest way to correct this error is to remove and reinstall the network adapter.
Follow these simple steps to reinstall the network adapter.
- Press Windows + X
- In the list that appears, select Device Manager
- If you have opened the Device Manager, search for the network adapter
- Once you have discovered the adapter, simply right-click on it and access the adapter’s settings
- Finally, click Uninstall and then click OK.
Disable the 802.1 1n mode of your network adapter.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the X key at the same time to open the access menu to DeepL.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click Network Adapters, then right-click your network adapter and select Properties.
- Click the Advanced section, click 802.1 1n mode, and then set the value to Disabled.
- Click OK.
- Try to establish your network connection to see if it works.
Restart your modem and router.
Rebooting usually solves most network connection problems. Unplug your modem and router, wait a minute, plug in your modem, wait a minute, and then plug in your router.
Check for Windows updates.
These updates help resolve problems, in addition to downloading the latest versions of software and drivers needed for efficient operation.
The above methods are the best, fastest and simplest methods we have found to resolve the “Windows 10 cannot connect to the network” error. If you have any doubts, feel free to express them in the comments below. We will contact you as soon as possible in good faith. I hope this article has been helpful and that you are able to solve the problem.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.