Updated February 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
You make a call with Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business and instead of reaching the recipient, you hear “You are not set up to use this calling feature. Please contact your administrator” from the Diagnostics Announcement Service.
This may occur in a few situations. First is the one where you use Microsoft as your phone provider. You have a Microsoft Telephone System license and a valid tariff, but you hear this message. This is usually due to the fact that no phone number has been assigned to the user. If you have been assigned a phone number, try unassigning and reassigning it.
The next one is the hybrid scenario. Here the client uses the Cloud Connector Edition (CCE) or OPCH (actually Lync or a Skype for Business server that handles hybrid voice onsite). In this scenario, no phone number needs to be assigned. I have often found that the customer has assigned a home calling plan or even left the call credit activated as a user license. Deactivation of the calling plan and/or credits should make the user functional again.
February 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
How can I fix the error with the calling feature?
Unlike other error messages, this particular error is not caused by problems with the operation of Skype for Business. In fact, it only appears if you do not meet certain conditions when using the program.
Here is a complete list of what you need to do to get rid of the caller identification error message:
- Buy calling plans for Office 365
- If you have a service provider that offers on-site PSTN connectivity for hybrid users, you do not need to purchase a calling plan.
- Assign licenses for the Office 365 Phone System and then assign a calling plan to users in your organization.
- If you use a local PSTN connection for hybrid users, you need to assign only one PBX license.
- Add numbers in the Skype Management Center for Business
- Add your organization’s emergency addresses and locations
- Assign emergency phone numbers and addresses to users
Find out if calling plans are available in your country/region
Go to Availability of audio conferencing and calling plans in country and region and select your country or region for information on the availability of calling plans, audio conferencing, phone system, toll-free and toll-free numbers, and call credits.
If no calling plans are available for your country or region, consider using Direct Routing to connect your local telephone infrastructure to the phone system. For more information, see Direct PBX Routing.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.