Last Updated on August 14, 2019
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Avast is a fairly common antivirus solution and provides solid protection for a free antivirus program (with a paid version). However, there are many different issues that have surrounded Avast since day one. One of the most common problems is that Avast does not open at all under Windows without an error message.
There have been several different methods that people have used to get rid of this problem, and we will try to present those that have been most useful in this article. Follow the instructions carefully and good luck in solving the problem!
What makes Avast not open on Windows?
Avast cannot open due to many different problems. However, it is possible to create a drop-down list that contains the most common lists that affect the majority of users. Identifying the right cause is very useful to find the best solutions and solve the problem as quickly as possible.
- Faulty Avast installation – The Avast installation can be damaged due to many different factors, but fortunately, Avast has provided several things you can do to solve the problem, such as repair or reinstallation.
- The Avast antivirus service does not work properly – if there are problems with the main service, you can simply restart it and check if the problem is solved.
How to Fix Avast Won’t Open?
Use the repair option
If Avast does not load, you can try to repair the software.
- Log in to Windows as a user with administrative privileges and make sure your PC is not running any other antivirus applications or software.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Apps and Features from the menu that appears.
- Make sure that applications and features are selected in the left pane, then click on your version of Avast Antivirus and select Uninstall.
- If the User Account Control dialog box asks you for permissions, click Yes.
- When the Avast Installation Wizard appears, click Repair.
- Wait for the installation to repair Avast Antivirus on your PC.
- When the repair is complete, click Done.
Once the process is complete, you can restart your computer and check if the problem persists.
Clean Boot your PC
With this solution, you can start Windows 10 with a minimum of programs and drivers. Software conflicts can also block Avast updates. This workaround solution helps you eliminate software conflicts as a possible cause of this problem. Here are the steps to follow:
- Type System Configuration in the search box > press Enter.
- On the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services > click Disable all.
- On the Start tab, click Open Task Manager.
- On the Start tab, select Task Manager > All Items > click Disable.
- Close the Task Manager.
- On the Start tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click OK.
- Restart your computer and try to open Avast.
Update your Avast Antivirus before upgrading to the latest version of Windows.
This problem has been fixed by Avast. You should simply check that your antivirus is running the latest version.
- First, go to the Avast Settings option as specified. Then go to the Update option to check the update history. If it does not update, go to the programs and click Update. If it is updated, then fine.
- Now you should download the latest update of Windows 10 from the official website.
- Then, run the downloaded file provided by Windows and follow the steps to complete the Windows installation.
Hopefully the solutions mentioned in this article are sufficient to solve Avast, Windows 10 will not open. Be sure to perform all steps correctly and in the order in which they are listed, as any incorrect steps can be undone by other performance-related errors on your Windows device.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.