Last Updated on November 13, 2019
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you start a program on Windows, it should work without any problems. But sometimes it can show you unexpected messages. “The application was unable to start correctly” is one of them. But you can solve this problem quickly.
Before moving on to the solution, you should know a little more about this problem. Normally, this type of message indicates a problem in the DLL file. Normally, it does not indicate which DLL file is problematic. But, it displays additional error codes such as 0xc0000142, 0xc000007b, 0xc0000005, 0xc0000906. Third-party antivirus programs or services can also cause this type of problem. Fixing this problem may therefore seem a little tricky. But, believe me, it’s quite simple.
These are the reasons for this application error:
- Damaged software files (try to install them from another source)
- Corrupted Windows system files (try to check the integrity of system files).
- Antivirus program malfunction (in this case, error 0xc0000906 is triggered for almost every EXE you want to run). Completely remove your antivirus, restart it and reinstall it if necessary.
Performing a system restore
If you have only recently begun to experience this behaviour, there is a high probability that the problem will occur due to a recent change in the system. As some of the users concerned have confirmed, third party services may well be responsible for this problem.
In this case, using the system recovery utility is one of the most practical ways to solve the problem. Note that Windows is configured by default to regularly store snapshots of important views (installation of critical updates, third-party installations, etc.)
However, before you start following these instructions, remember that any changes you make since the recovery point was created will be lost if you use it to restore your computer. This includes all installed applications, drivers, third-party applications, games and everything else.
If you understand the consequences of this method, follow these instructions to begin the recovery process:
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type “rstrui” in the text box and press Enter to open the System Restore menu.
- When you reach the initial system recovery screen, click Next to move to the next menu.
- On the next screen, first check the box associated with Show more restore points. Once this step is complete, start comparing the data for each registered recovery point and select the one that was created before the 0xc0000906 error occurred. Once the correct recovery point is selected, click Next to return to the last menu.
- Once this point is reached, the utility is ready for use. All you have to do is start the recovery process by clicking on Finish.
- Once this is done, your PC restarts and the previous state is inserted. When the process is complete, try restarting the applications and see if the 0xc0000906 error is fixed.
Run DISM and SFC scans
It turns out that in the vast majority of cases, this error is due to some kind of system file corruption. The application error 0xc0000906 generally refers to cases of previous system changes, such as an operating system upgrade.
If this scenario is applicable, the most effective method you can try is to perform DISM and SFC scans to correct the application error 0xc0000906.
Step 1: Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box, type cmd, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open a high CMD prompt.
Step 2: Type the following commands and press Enter to start each DISM scan:
Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /health restoration
Step 3: Wait until the DISM analysis is complete and restart your computer.
Step 4: Open the command prompt again as an administrator. Type sfc /scannow in the window, then press Enter to start the SFC scan.
Step 5: Restart your computer and check if the 0xc0000906 application error is fixed the next time the system is started.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.