Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Vudu allows users to watch movies and TV shows online, which makes it very popular. Unfortunately, some users are reporting an error code 28 when using Vudu. To solve this problem, WindowsBulletin has put together some solutions in this post.
Vudu is an American digital video library and streaming service. You can access this service by visiting its official website or downloading the app from the Microsoft Store. Vudu offers free movies and TV shows. You can also rent more than 150,000 titles and watch the latest new releases weeks ahead of Netflix and Redbox.
Unfortunately, some users have received an error code of 28 on Vudu. This prevents them from enjoying their favorite movies and is very annoying.
Here are some methods you can try to solve this problem.
What causes the Vudu error 28
The Roku Vudu 28 error code occurs in the Vudu service when the network connection is blocked. It can also occur due to misconfigured system files, which can cause problems with the registry in your operating system.
A registry error occurs when you start new applications without properly removing old ones. It can cause system crashes, slow performance, hanging programs, and more on your PC. Errors can also be caused by unwanted software such as spyware, adware, viruses, and malware.
How to fix the Vudu error code 28
Turn off the firewall
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Open Firewall and Network Protection.
- Click on the currently active network,
- Scroll down and toggle the switch to disable the Windows firewall.
- Close the settings window.
- If you are using a third-party antivirus program with a firewall, disable it as well.
- Open Vudu and see if there is any improvement.
- If the application works without errors, you may need to add the application to a whitelist.
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Under the “Installed Applications” tab, locate Vudu.
- Select Vudu and click Uninstall.
- Confirm the action by clicking Yes.
- Download and install the application from the Microsoft Store.
Add Vudu to the exclusion list
- Press the Windows + R keys to open Run.
- Type Control and click OK.
- Click System and Security.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left pane, click Allow an application or feature through the Windows Defender firewall.
- Click the Change Settings button. This may require administrative privileges.
- Scroll down the list and click Allow another application.
- In the Add Application window, click the Browse button.
- Navigate to the Vudu installation directory and select the Vudu.exe file.
- Click Open, and then click Add.
- Once added, remember to check the Public and Private boxes.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Close the Control Panel window.
Reset settings of Internet modem
- Disconnect the power cable of the modem and unplug it from an electrical outlet.
- If your modem has batteries, remove them as well.
- Wait for one minute and leave the modem idle during this time.
- Replace the batteries (if any) and plug in the power cord.
- After connecting the power, wait a few minutes for the reset process to complete. The modem lights should come on.
- Connect the device to the Internet and verify that the Vudu application is working correctly.
- If you are using a modem with a separate WiFi router, make sure that you also reset the WiFi router.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Roku Vudu error code 28 occurs in the Vudu service when there is a network connection block. It can also occur due to misconfigured system files, which can cause registry problems in your operating system. The registry error occurs when you start new applications without properly removing old ones.
You can also unplug your device from the network. Then turn off the modem for a few seconds. After waiting a few seconds, you can restart the device and the modem. You will see that the Vudu read error is now fixed.
- Go to the channel store. VUDU is free to add to your Roku® player.
- Navigate to the "Movies and TV" category. Use the arrow buttons on the remote control to highlight the VUDU channel and select "OK.
- Install and run the VUDU program. Select "Add Channel".
- Create your VUDU account.
- Press the remote control, select "Apps" and press "ok".
- On the Apps page, select VUDU and press ok.
- If you already have a VUDU account, select Sign in and press ok.
- If you do not have a VUDU account, select Sign in and press OK.