Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
GroupMe may seem like an outdated service, but many students, especially in the US, rely on it to collaborate in the classroom (go to Twitter and search for #GroupMe). On iOS, it gets a rating of 4.7 (out of 5) out of 1.3 million comments.
GroupMe is a classic example of Microsoft having a great service but not knowing what to do with it. Originally, Skype bought GroupMe, then Microsoft bought Skype, where it was mostly survival hardware. The application could have been a competitor to Telegram at the time, but now it seems to be too late. Either way, we’re happy to have dark mode as an option. Maybe one day we’ll be able to delete messages?
After updating the application, the user should switch to the new dark mode feature, provided their operating system is too dark. Of course, you can manually cancel the function and choose light or dark as you wish.
How do I Change GroupMe to a Dark Theme?
The good news is that you don’t have to program or hack, as this is a clickable option available in the new version 220.127.116.11.
It’s pretty simple if you follow exactly these steps:
- Open GroupMe and click on the Settings button, the gear in the lower left corner of the window.
- Click the box under the Application Theme option at the top of the settings list. For now, the theme is set to “System Default”.
- You have two other options, light and dark. You choose the latter, of course.
- Once you select the dark theme, you will see a message below asking you to restart the application if you want the changes to take effect. Just do that.
- After restarting… dark! Have fun!
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.