Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
One of the most common things we do is to define the standard applications with which we want to open files. We usually repair the standard browser, standard video player and so on. In this article, I will show you how to change the default programs under Windows 8.1. It’s pretty easy to change, I save time by showing where the options are, so it will be much easier to find.
Change the default applications under Windows 8.1
Follow these steps
- Press the start button and enter the PC settings.
- Select the parameters PC and in the parameters PC Search & Apps.
- Under Search & apps, select Defaults.
- Under Default settings, you will find various options for changing default programs such as web browser, email, music player, video player, photo viewer, etc.
- Now simply click Select a defect and choose from the available list.
Let’s say you want to change the default file mapping for a particular extension. In this case, you have to scroll down a bit. You will find something called standard applications by file type.
Simply select the desired position and choose from the list available. The only disadvantage is that there is no way to navigate and select the desired application. Here are some examples, if you want to see them.
The advantage of this option is the ability to change the default mapping of Windows 8 applications.
I hope you find this advice useful. If you have any questions, please contact our comments section.
Read: Change default browser or programs in Windows 10.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here