Hulu shows or movies that constantly buffer, freeze, skip, or have poor video quality can be quite painful to watch – even worse if commercials are already clogging up your stream. Hulu buffering problems are very common on many devices.
In this article, we’ll list some troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve Hulu buffering, stuttering, or freezing on your device.
What causes Hulu to keep buffering?
- Slow or unstable Internet connection.
- Damaged Hulu caches or web browser caches.
- Outdated Hulu app or outdated device system.
- Incorrect network settings blocking Hulu streaming.
How do I fix the Hulu Keeps buffering situation?
Clear the cache in your browser
- Open your browser and click on “Settings Panel” in the upper right corner.
- Then select “Settings/Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Privacy and Settings.”
- Here you will find cookies and data, then click “Clear Data.”
Clear the app’s cache
- Go to “Settings” and select “App/Applications.”
- Find the Hulu app and open it.
- Then tap “Clear cache” or “Clear data.”
Reinstall the Hulu app
If none of the above methods worked, reinstall the Hulu app on your computer. First, uninstall the app, delete the data and traces, and then reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.
Like Netflix, there is another American video-on-demand streaming service called Hulu, which also offers users content on a subscription basis. It is mostly owned by the Walt Disney Company. Its add-on packages allow you to watch TV shows, movies, and more, which is an alternative to Netflix.
However, there is a problem with the Hulu service, which displays error codes PLRUNK15 and PLAREQ17 when users try to stream content via PC, Smart TV, or Roku. If you’re one of them, let’s take a look below.