How to Repair: Black Screen with Cursor (KSOD) in Windows PC
Windows is a very popular operating system, but for some reason, we encounter many unpleasant problems or issues and don’t understand why the problem occurs on our PC.
During my computer troubleshooting work, I have encountered many Windows issues and tried to solve them, and one such issue is called “Windows 10 black screen“.
What are the causes of a black screen with a cursor (KSOD)?
- Affected by a virus.
- Faulty video card driver.
- A certain Windows update has been installed.
How to fix the black screen with the cursor (KSOD)?
Uninstall the VGA/display driver in safe mode
- While holding down the Windows key, press R
- Type hdwwiz.CPL and press OK.
- Expand Display Adapter. (Note the name of your display adapter).
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- After uninstalling, restart your PC in normal mode and download the latest drivers again.
Restore System in Safe Mode
- Click the Start button and type “System Restore” in the search function of the Start menu and press Enter OR open Run and type “rstrui.exe” and click OK.
- You can also open Run by holding down the Windows key and pressing R.
- Click the System Restore option in the search.
- Once loaded, check the box for Show other restore points and click Next.
- Select a restore point by looking at the dates when your computer was running normally.
- Click Next and Done. This will start the system restore, and your computer will reboot after it completes.
Frequently Asked Questions