Updated June 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error appears from time to time. It occurs when software installed on your computer conflicts with one or more Microsoft Windows components.
Fortunately, there are fairly simple solutions to fix the problem: you need to reinstall Visual C++ or find out which Windows process is not working with your software. With a little time and patience, your computer will run smoothly again.
What causes Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error?
This error can be caused by installing new software, and was reported after installing the latest Windows updates. The most likely cause is missing or corrupted Visual C++ runtime library components.
How to ix the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error message?
June 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Uninstall your graphics card driver
- In the search bar, type Device Manager.
- Select Device Manager from the list of results.
- Expand the Display Adapters section and right-click on your video card.
- Select Uninstall Device from the menu.
- A confirmation menu will appear. Select the Remove driver software for this device option and click Uninstall.
- Close the Device Manager window and any other open windows.
- Reboot your Windows 10 computer.
- Check if Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error is still displayed.
Reinstalling Windows 10
- Reboot the computer several times during startup. A list of options will be displayed.
- Select Troubleshooting -> Reset this PC.
- You will now be asked to choose between two options. Both options will remove all installed applications, but the first option will save your personal files.
- In some cases, it is better to select the Remove All option to delete all files.
- If you are prompted to insert the Windows 10 installation media, be sure to do so.
- Select the installed version of Windows and select Only the drive where Windows is installed -> Remove My Files Only.
- You will now see a list of the changes that will be made as a result of the reset. When you are ready, click the Reset button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the reset.
Perform a reset
- Press the Windows + R keys and type MSConfig. Now press Enter or OK to run it.
- The system configuration window will now open in front of you.
- Click or left-click on the Services tab at the top of the window.
- Select the check box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then click or left-click the Disable All button.
- Click or left-click the General tab at the top of the window.
- Activate the Selective Startup feature.
- Clear the Load startup objects check box. Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
- Reboot your Windows 10 computer.
- Now check if the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error still occurs.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error?
- Uninstall the video card driver.
- Perform a reboot.
- Reinstall Windows 10.
- Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributors.
- Create a new user account.
- Disable compatibility mode.
- Reinstall the problem application.
How to get rid of runtime error in Windows 10?
- Temporarily disable Microsoft services.
- Run the faulty application in safe mode.
- Get enough memory and storage space.
- Check for malware.
- Restore the Visual C++ runtime environment.
- Reinstall the Visual C++ runtime environment.
- Perform a clean boot.
- Reset/install the display driver.
What is the Visual C++ Runtime Library?
Visual C++ Redistributable installs the Microsoft C and C++ runtime libraries (MSVC). These libraries are required by many applications created with Microsoft C and C++ tools.
How to restore Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries?
Find Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012 in the list of installed applications. Select this entry and click "Uninstall/Restore". You will then see the following options: Restore, Uninstall, or Cancel.