Last Updated on January 12, 2019
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Minecraft Native Launcher starts the update, but it never finishes and always says it can’t update the native Minecraft launcher. Here are some useful methods to help you fix this error with the Minecraft Native Launcher.
Resolving program compatibility issues
Running the program compatibility troubleshooting can help solve problems with games that have not been downloaded from the Windows 10 store.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Run Programs, then click “Run Programs Created for Previous Versions of Windows.
- Click on Next and the troubleshooter will try to detect potential problems with your applications.
- In the next window, select the application that is experiencing problems and click on Next.
- Select a troubleshooting option: Use the recommended compatibility setting or select the compatibility settings yourself.
If you use the recommended settings, the troubleshooting tests the application with an earlier version of Windows so that you can see if the problem is solved.
Update Windows before updating Minecraft Native Launcher.
By keeping your device up to date, make sure you are always using the latest software or hardware drivers, as we often fix known problems.
To check the latest updates of your Windows 10 device:
- Press the Windows key on your device or keyboard or select the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the main screen.
- Select Settings, then Update and Security.
- In the Windows Update tab, select Check now to see if updates are available for your device.
- Once the updates have been downloaded, select Install Now to start the installation.
- After installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates take effect. Be sure to register and close all applications you have opened before restarting.
Sometimes applications start to report an error because some corrupted or broken files are present. It is quite common for files to become corrupted over time. Fortunately, there is an option in the Windows uninstall list that allows you to repair the application. So follow the steps below to repair Minecraft and everything should work fine afterwards.
- Hold down the Windows key and press R
- Enter appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Find Minecraft in the list of programs.
- Now right-click on Minecraft and select Repair. Just follow all the instructions on the screen and that’s it.
Download Minecraft from Minecraft.net.
Downloading a new copy directly from Minecraft.net has helped to solve the problem for many users. This is because the new launcher may have some problems downloading the files for you, especially if your Internet is slow. All you have to do is download the file yourself. Follow the steps below for detailed instructions on how to download from the website.
- Click here to go to the minecraft.net download page.
- Click on the Try another download link This link should be located directly under the large Download button.
- Now download the minecraft.exe file from this page and run the file.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.