Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
One of the great advantages of WhatsApp is the ability to use the messaging service directly from any browser on your computer. You can simply scan a code on your computer from your phone and you can use the WhatsApp application on your desktop or laptop computer.
Normally it works fine and you should have no problems. But there are times when it gets buggy and just doesn’t work, no matter what you do. If you are already in a situation where WhatsApp Desktop is not working on your PC, you should consider some of the methods listed below to resolve the problem.
Upgrade your WhatApp Desktop Application to the Latest Version
- Update the application. In the search bar, type Store, open it, and then click on your account. Select “Downloads and Updates” and click “Search for Updates”.
- If the same problem persists, uninstall the application and reinstall it. If you are using Windows 10 1607 below, press the Windows + I key to open the settings. Under Settings, select System > Applications and Features. In the right pane, locate Whatsapp, then click and uninstall the application. Then go to Store and download the application again.
Check WhatsApp Compatibility Mode
Depending on the version of Windows you are using, you may need to change the compatibility mode for the classic WhatsApp (x86) desktop program. This can be done by right-clicking on the WhatsApp shortcut icon and selecting Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and under the Run this program in compatibility mode section, select your operating system and click the OK button.
Restart your computer and try running WhatApp again to see if everything is working properly.
Checking WhatsApp Server Status
Since WhatsApp is not a peer-2-peer, you must constantly rely on the company server. If you encounter the problem that WhatsApp is malfunctioning, you must verify that the servers are functioning normally.
You can do this by accessing the downforeveryoneorjustme.com web site, typing in the web.whatsapp.com window, and then running it. In a minute you will know the status of this program.
Using Windows Internet Troubleshooting
If you think the Web-WhatsApp problem is not working, you can try Windows Internet Troubleshooting to find the cause of the problem. Here’s how to do this.
- Open Windows settings by pressing the Win and I keys, then navigate to the Update and Security section. Under this tab, click Troubleshooting to continue.
- On the right side of the troubleshooting page, double-click Internet Connections. A window will then open, just click on “Run the troubleshooter”.
- The troubleshooter will automatically launch to detect any problems with your Internet connections. When the detection process is complete, you will see a window. In the window, click on the option “Help me connect to a specific website”.
- When you get the window below, type in the following web page and click Next or Enter to continue the process
- Wait until the recognition process is complete. Once it is finished, you know the cause of the problem: WhatsApp is not working. You can then take certain actions based on the detection result.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.