Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
In Windows 7, you can mount folders in a library from several different locations, for example from your computer’s C drive, external hard drive, or network. The most important requirement for a new library location is that the content at that location be indexed or can be added to the Windows search index.
Folders that can be added to the Windows library
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
If the local location that is added to the library is not already an indexed location, it is added to the list of indexed locations.
It may take some time for this content to appear in the library after it is added, as it must be indexed before it appears.
1. if your folder is stored on drive C (system) ; yes – it can be added to a library !
2 If the folder is on an external hard drive/USB, it is available only as long as the drive is connected and the device appears in the navigation pane.
3. Folders cannot be added to removable media such as a CD or DVD.
4 If the folder is on a network, it can be added as long as the network address is indexed or available offline. If the network folder is not indexed, this is an easy way to make the folder available offline. You can then add it to a library.
5. if the folder is on another computer in your home group yes – it can be included in a library !
To learn more about Windows libraries, click here.
Read more: Add or delete folders in a library.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here