Updated February 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Has your Windows computer ever suffered a dramatic loss of storage space for no apparent reason? If this is the case, then the problem is probably not with your software, but with some directories. So, what do you do under these circumstances? Of course, scan your computer to find out which files, folders or directories take up the most space. We have already taken a look at some free Disk Space Analyzer software. The integrated Disk Footprint Tool under Windows 10/8.1 also allows you to perform various tasks related to disk usage. You can take snapshots, create summaries, analyze disk usage, announce, compare growth over time, and much more.
Today there is the known WinDirStat.
WinDirStat is a statistics viewer and cleaning tool for Microsoft Windows. The program is available in two versions:
- Ansi – For Windows 9x and ME users.
- Unicode – for all other users
How WinDirStat helps
WinDirStat reads the complete directory tree once and then presents it in three useful views :
- Directory list – Similar to Windows Explorer tree, but sorted by file size/sub-tree,
- Tree structure – Immediately shows the entire contents of the directory tree,
- Extensions list – serves as a legend and displays statistics on file types.
- Download WinDirStat by clicking on the download link at the end of the article and save the file.
- Locate the installation file and double-click the file
- Then click’Run’, accept the license and click’Next’. Click the’Next’ button on the corresponding wizard until the application is fully installed
- Finally, start the program. Note: WinDirStat searches the selected directories at startup. Here you can select all readers or individual readers for scanning. If you want to select more than one player, simply click on the player.
- The scan is then displayed in three useful views (as mentioned above)
- When the scan is finished, you can delete a file by simply selecting it and clicking’Clean’ on the toolbar.
- Various options are proposed here. For example, you can open the file, open the explorer, open a command prompt, delete (from the trash), permanently delete the file or empty the trash.
WinDirStat is compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system
In addition, WinDirStat is free software released under GNU General Public License and available in multiple languages (English, Spanish, German, Czech, etc.). The current version 22.214.171.124 is stable and can be downloaded from here.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here