Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Here is a rare situation you find yourself in – a situation that can confuse you! Let’s say you created and saved a Windows 7 theme package. But if you double-click it, nothing happens!
Check the 9th character of the Themepack name. Is this a gap? If that’s the case, then for some strange reason, it’s not the case!
I don’t know, and Microsoft didn’t explain why – only that it could happen!
Suppose you have saved a thematic package as birds of prey. Double-click on it. He’s not installed? The 9th character is a space.
Windows 7 themes that have a space in the ninth character are not installed.
Rename it into Predatory Birds and it will be installed! The 9th character is’Y’ and the 10th character is a space. That’ll do the trick.
Strange … ; but true ! 😀
Our reader Mr. Lee should say the following:
Save Windows 7 theme packs, theme information in the theme pack as xml files, but again with a different extension theme. Each thematic package has the.themepack extension.
- xml info file with.theme extension.
- A folder with theme sounds, background images, etc.
You have to open the.theme file with Notepad and change the string here so that the 9th
The correct way to make the thematic package work is a bit complicated.
Simply renaming the.themepack file does not rename the themepack. To rename a theme package, you must perform the following steps.
- Change the theme package extension that does not work from.themepack to.cab.
- Go to the folder options and uncheck the’Hide extensions for known types’ option in the’VIEW’ tab.
- Unzip the contents of the.cab file into a folder. Simply double-click the.cab file.
- Inside is a file with the.theme extension.
- Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad. (See image above).
- Change the subject name to remove the space.
- Save the file.
- You must now put the edited theme back into a.themepack file.
To do this, download CabPack, a free compression program that you can use to create cabinets.
CabPack open. In the source directory, find the folder that contains the Theme Pack files you edited. In the target directory, enter the location where you want to save the theme package.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here