RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
With Windows 10 on over 100 million PCs worldwide, we covered almost every basic topic, including tutorials and instructions from our blog. After reading the settings and features of Windows 10, we will discuss today how to modify and configure the wallpaper on your Windows 10 PC and the options available. You will learn how to center, fill, adjust, stretch, stretch, tile and stretch wallpapers under Windows 10.
It is really easy and direct to change the background image of your Windows 10 desktop. You can define any personal image, a Windows image or a color background. You can also see a slide show of images as wallpaper for Windows 10.
You must first open the customization settings to change the theme, lock screen and wallpaper of your Windows 10 desktop.
Select an image for your background image. You can also use the Browse button and select an image stored on your PC.
Center, fill, adjust, stretch, stretch, tile, trim
When you are finished with the selection, scroll down and check the drop-down menu of Choose a Fit. You get the options Fill, Fit, Stretch, Stretch, Tile, Center and Span
- Select an Adjustment Center to center your background image on the screen. Smaller images are displayed with a frame on the screen, while larger images only display the central part of the image and leave the rest out of view.
- Selecting one Fill fit enlarges or reduces the image according to the width of your screen to obtain a correct adjustment. Sizing is done with the right perspective and smaller images are often stretched in this wallpaper setting. If you choose Adjust, the height of the background image is increased or decreased. Everything remains in perspective, but the large images are torn from the pages and the small images are displayed with small borders.
- The selection of Stretch fit processes wallpaper without perspective. This parameter stretches the image and adapts to your PC screen, but can distort it.
- Setting tiles for a wallpaper is for small images. This setting defines the different tiles of the image on your screen and best matches the small texture images.
- The Span option processes the background image from one end of the screen to the other.
You can set your background image to change after a certain time interval. Select the Slideshow option instead of an image and set the timer from the’Change Image Each’ drop-down menu.
Creating a wallpaper is an essential part of customizing your Windows 10 experience. Set your favorite image as your wallpaper, as it can improve your mood when you turn on your computer.
Read: Where are wallpapers and screens stored in Windows 10?