RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
I’ve seen many discussions in different communities asking for a way to convert Windows Media Center recordings for example WTV files to other formats. There are different software that can help us with conversion. Yesterday I found this freeware MC-TVConverter, which can help us convert the WTV format.
MC-TVConverter is a GUI for the following applications: remuxTool, HandBrake, FFmpeg, MEncoder, ComSkip, ccextractor.
According to their website, the functions :
- Conversion of WTV, DVR-MS, MPG, TS, AVI, MP4 and WMV.
- Conversion to TS, DEMUX, MPG, MPG, WMV, AVI, FLV and MP4 (depending on input format – conversion WTV and DVR-MS now obsolete).
- Supports WTV HD recording.
- Automatically delete ads from MPEG2 streams
- Select your language to audio streams (or convert all streams to supported target formats).
- Easy to use graphical interface with drag and drop.
- Right-click conversion in the context menu !
- For those who simply want it: no need for professional knowledge to obtain high quality results!
- For all those who want more: Advanced settings in the profile file and create your own profiles.
- Clear interface for quick conversion between the two.
- Folder Monitor: Converts all supported files in a folder and its subfolders in the background (checks if a file is used and creates a history file to convert a file only once).
- Rename files according to their metadata (in WTV files).
- Extract subtitles to a file.
- Minimizes penetration into the tray for a minimally invasive appearance.
- Debugging for error analysis.
The best part is that you get all these features for free because it is an open source program.
Download: MC-TVC converter