Last Updated on November 27, 2018
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
After launching Windows Phone 8 and the SDK for developers, Microsoft has annoyed long-time Windows Phone (WP) consumers with the WP 7.8 update, which gives devices with existing WP 7.5 a new look and takes over some functions of WP 8.
This new SDK update allows developers with existing WP 7.5 applications to test the behavior of their applications and run them on a WP 7.8 device. Simply put, developers can now test their Windows Phone 7.5 applications in a Windows Phone 7.8 environment and publish them to the new platform immediately after launch.
This Windows Phone 7.8 SDK update adds the following features to your device:
- Windows Phone 7.8 emulator : This operating system image emulates your application on a 512 MB device running Windows Phone 7. 8 (build 8858)
- Windows Phone 7.8 256MB Emulator : This operating system image emulates Windows Phone 7.8 (Build 8858) running on a 256 MB
- If you are running a Windows Phone SDK 7.1 installation, the update also downloads and installs the Windows Phone SDK 126.96.36.199 update as part of the updat
However, to eliminate the confusion that this is a true WP SDK 7.8, Microsoft :
All Windows Phone applications that you create with the Windows Phone SDK (installed with this update) will continue to run on Windows Phone 7.5. This update allows you to easily test the appearance of your applications on devices running Windows Phone 7.8.i>
This is an encouraging sign that Microsoft is preparing to launch the Windows Phone 7.8 update for existing users. Windows Phone 8 was launched with some interesting and cool features and paved the way for the introduction of remarkable mobile devices like the Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X.
You can download the corresponding Windows Phone SDK :
Windows Phone SDK 7.1 | Windows Phone SDK 7.8 Update | Windows Phone SDK 8.0
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here