RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The unexpected League of Legends login session error can come at the worst possible time and block your scheduled game sessions in the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA). But can this be fixed or will it continue to ruin your sessions? I will do my best to give you boys and girls an answer.
This article covers everything I know about the unexpected League of Legends login session error and whether it can be fixed or whether there is another way around the problem.
How to Fix the League of Legends Unexpected Login Session Error
If your League of Legends client appears with this error code: “There was an unexpected error with the login session. Please try again.”
Use the following steps to correct the error!
- Press Alt+F4 on the client and click “Logout”, not “Exit”.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the task manager and close all instances of RiotClientServices.exe and all instances of LeagueofLegends.exe
- Open the League of Legends (or Riot Games!) client again and log in again.
If you are still experiencing problems, repeat these steps and also close the KillerServiceNetwork.exe program, as this program may prioritize the bandwidth for your online streams and reduce the bandwidth for League of Legends, causing you to disconnect.
Another Solution to Try
- Open your LoL client as usual and log in.
- If you look carefully, you will see that there is a small window where you can close the game before the login error message appears
- Quickly press the X button, which normally closes the customer. You can then choose to close the customer or log out.
- Select Disconnect. The client will restart and the connection should work. At least in theory.
Check your Network Settings in Windows 10
- Go to the search icon on the left side of the taskbar, type Network Settings, and then click the first result (Ethernet Settings in this case).
- Then select Network and Sharing Center
- Click on your connection (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and then select Properties
- Locate the Internet Protocol version 4 connection (or version 6 if using IPv6) and double-click it. Make sure that the Get IP address automatically and Get DNS server address automatically options are both enabled.
- Restart your League of Legends client, the error should no longer occur.
- If the error is still not fixed, follow this step
- Using Google’s DNS servers can correct the unexpected connection error in LoL.
- Using the following DNS server address, add 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.