RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
NieR: Automata are placed in a world where the invaders have driven mankind from the earth. People have sought refuge on the Moon, but are not ready to abandon their planet.
The Council of Humanity organizes the resistance of the Android soldiers, desperately trying to recover their planet. The resistance is deploying a new infantry unit Android, YoRHa, to conduct the last battle with the invaders.
NieR: Automata offers a complex and fascinating gameplay. Unfortunately, the gameplay is sometimes limited to various technical problems. The game was successful, but many PC users complained about the “white screen of death” when the game screen becomes white and nothing happens but the background music.
Change your driver settings
Many users report graphics hanging when using the GTX 780 Ti. This is due to the settings on your graphics card. However, you can easily solve the problem by changing the following settings:
- Go to the driver settings page and change the antialiasing configuration mode to override the game settings.
- Disable anisotropic filtering.
- Enter the power scheme and select Maximum performance.
- Switch V-Sync to Adaptable.
Update your graphics card driver.
Installing the latest drivers on your computer is mandatory, especially if you are a gamer who likes to play the latest games in which the latest drivers are taken for granted. This bug was notorious to NVIDIA and AMD users, as both companies have released bug fixes exclusively for this game. Download the latest drivers by following the instructions below!
- Open the Start menu, then type in “Device Manager” and select it from the list of available search results by simply clicking on its name at the top. You can also use Windows Key + R to find the launch type in devmgmt.msc in the text box and press OK to launch it.
- To install the video card driver for the card on your computer, expand the Video Cards section, right-click your video card and select Delete Device.
- Confirm all pop-up dialogs that may ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall the current graphics device driver and wait until the process is complete.
- Find the graphics card driver on NVIDIA or AMD. Enter the necessary information about your card and operating system and click “Search” or “Submit”.
- A list of all available drivers should appear. Be sure to scroll down until you reach the latest driver version, click on its name, and then click “Download”. Save it to your computer, open it and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure that the problem is solved and if the white screen appears while playing NieR: Automata!
Turn off your USB devices
If the previous method did not help to get rid of the white screen of death, it is worth checking if one of the USB devices connected to your PC is not the problem. Disconnect the USB mouse, keyboard, hard drive or any device connected to your PC.
Then force your PC to restart and power it on again. If the white screen disappears, try reconnecting the devices one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.