RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
FIFA 20 is one of the best PC soccer games from Electronics Arts. It launches on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows. However, many players are reporting crashing issues as the original client keeps restarting you from the board game. If you want to know how to fix it, here are the instructions below.
Make sure your hardware meets the minimum requirements
Find out the minimum and recommended system requirements for FIFA 20.
FIFA 20 for PC is a resource intensive game indeed. Before looking for answers, see if it works on your computer.
Visit the EA Official Site for minimum and recommended system requirements for PC.
Check your computer specifications
- Click Start (Windows key)
- Log in to this computer
- In the new window, right-click an empty space and select Properties.
A window will open showing basic information about your computer.
This includes RAM, processor, operating system installed, etc.
If you need more details, you can try running DxDiag like this:
- Press Windows + R.
- Enter dxdiag
A new window will open. Wait until the green bar is full and see the specifications of your PC.
Switch between the System, Display, and Sound tabs because that’s what interests you the most.
- First of all, you need to go to GeForce Game Ready 441.41 and download and then install.
- Then go to NVIDIA Control Panel and select the Manage 3D Settings option.
- You must select the Program Settings tab and select FIFA 20 to use image sharpness.
- Now go to the “Sharpness” option and select the OFF button, then the OK button.
- Finally, turn off sharpness on the PC and this will fix the problem of the launcher launching.
Update your drivers
1) Simultaneously press Windows logo key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
3) Right-click each driver and select Update Driver.
4) Click “Automatically check for updated drivers”.
5) If an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to download and install it.
Authorize the .exe file through controlled folder access
Sometimes the Windows security system prevents your game from starting. Therefore, you must manually add your game to the list of allowed applications to prevent it from being blocked.
You can do it:
1) Type Windows Security in the search box and click Windows Security in the results.
2) Select Virus & threat protection from the left pane. Scroll down and click Manage Ransomware Protection under Ransomware Protection.
3) Enable the controlled folder access setting. If a window appears asking “Allow this application to make changes to your device”, click “Yes”.
Then click Allow this app through controlled folder access.
4) Click Add Trusted Application> Find All Applications.
5) Then go to the game installation folder and select FIFA 21.exe and FIFA 21 trial.exe and FIFAconfig.exe (only if you have them).
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.