RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
When you try to run a remote script with WSH on Windows, you may receive the following error message
Error: The ActiveX component cannot create an object.
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
This problem is related to the permissions granted to your DLLs. The IUSR_computer and IWAM_computer accounts (where Computer is the machine name) do not have the necessary privileges to execute the DLLs to be instantiated in the Server.CreateObject line of the ASP code.
Quick correction in case of error 800a01ad
With the help of MS Tech Support, this error message has been corrected by performing these steps.
- Make sure you have MDAC 2.x installed.
- Save \program files\program files\common files\system\MSADO15.dll with RegSvr32.
- Make sure that the IUSR_<< AND IWAM_ accounts both have NTFS read/execute privileges for the following folders that are cascaded.
– Program files common files system
- Open the console and make sure there is a valid IP address under “Web Standard”.
Site properties”. If the permissions have already been breached and you’ve opened them.
Console, it is likely that the IP will become “All Unassigned”.
- Restart the server. Do not assume that the abandonment/startup service works.
Enable 32-bit applications
- On a 64-bit version of Windows, this error may occur if there is a difference between the 32-bit version of the component and the 64-bit mode of the IIS, or vice versa.
- In Windows 2008 and 7, the Enable 32-bit applications from the application pool associated with your virtual directory option must match the bit-ness of the component. For example, if the 32-bit version of the component is installed, the option must be set to True.
- Under Windows 2003, it is not possible to configure individual virtual directories to operate in a particular mode (32-bit or 64-bit).
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.