Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Frustrated by the MRXSMB.Sys error message? Well, you should want to know what this MRXSMB.sys file is, what causes this error and the most important thing is how to fix it. On this page you will find all the answers to your questions about this MRXSMB.sys and the methods to solve it.
Windows generates the MRXSMB.Sys error if the MRXSMB.Sys file cannot be used due to deletion or corruption of the MRXSMB.Sys file. This error is visible under Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. MRXSMB.sys blue screen errors usually occur when you install new hardware or software. You may experience MRXSMB.sys blue screen errors when you run or close Windows, boot or shut down your computer, or use certain operating system functions.
Why does Mrxsmb.sys generate errors?
Errors related to Mrxsmb.sys are generated by one of the following three causes:
- Corrupted Windows Registry: Most processes, such as Mrxsmb.sys, contain executable programming code and store data and status information in the system registry, which can accumulate and fragment incorrect entries.
- Windows system overloaded : External use of system resources such as memory, CPU and hard drives can overload the operating system, making your PC vulnerable to Mrxsmb.sys errors.
- Compatibility: Programs that share the use of Mrxsmb.sys may conflict with each other. Mrxsmb.sys may also conflict with other system processes or software applications. Possible conflicts can be detected by analyzing the error information collected by the Windows system event logs.
Performing a Start-up Repair
Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can solve some system problems that might prevent Windows from booting. Startup Repair scans your PC for the problem and then tries to fix it so that your PC can boot properly.
- 1st boot to Advanced boot options.
- Click Troubleshooting.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Start – Repair.
- When prompted, select the operating system on which you want to perform a boot repair.
- When prompted, select an administrator account to provide credentials for approval purposes.
Performing a clean Windows installation
Sometimes the best way to solve deep Windows problems is to burn everything to the ground and start over. Windows reinstallation updates the operating system, eliminating most damage, errors and viruses.
Upgrading to Windows 10 via a clean installation has been much easier since the major version 1511 “November Update”, with which you can clean the Windows 10 installation and activate it with a Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 product key. Before this update, you had to perform an on-site upgrade to receive the free upgrade offer from Microsoft, and then you could perform a clean installation of Windows 10.
We hope these solutions will help you solve your blue screen problems with MRXSMB.Sys.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.