RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Error code 1648 and other critical errors can occur if your Windows operating system is damaged. Program opening becomes slower and response times are delayed. If multiple applications are running, crashes and freezes may occur. There may be many reasons for this error, including excessive boot entries, registry errors, hardware/ RAM memory losses, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant program installations, etc.
Here are some solutions to help you resolve the 1648 error code under Windows.
Go to a work computer, download, make a bootable copy, then perform a clean installation.
Step 1: Download the official Windows 10 ISO files.
Step 2: How to do: Perform a clean installation of Windows 10.
Some manual ways to correct this error code are, but this method is for computer experts only and not for beginners :
Uninstall the current driver by following these steps:
- Open Start and Run and enter “sysdm.cpl” in the text field.
- And click Enter.
- Open the “Hardware” tab in the “System Properties” dialog box.
- Then press “Device Manager”.
- Double-click “Device type” and then double-click error code 1648.
- Go to the “Driver” tab and click the “Uninstall” button to completely uninstall the driver from the device.
The Windows Installer 1618 error code is also frequently displayed when you try to install more than one program at a time. For example, if you install Skype with Windows installing updates.
To solve this problem, make sure you do not install any other programs before installing an application. If Windows installs updates, you can wait until the installation is complete or manually stop the Microsoft installation process. If this does not work, restart your computer and try again.
To manually stop the Microsoft installation process:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del+Del and start the Task Manager.
- On the Process tab, select MSIEXEC.EXE.
- Click Finish Process.
- Install the application
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance