RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Fortnite is one of the most popular games right now, with around 12 million monthly active players.
While the “free” price is obviously a huge advantage, one of the other aspects is its versatility for many different platforms.
When you launch a game on PS4, PC, or Nintendo Switch, you can play it with millions of others around the world.
Unfortunately, the PC version of the system is prone to a number of common errors. “Entry point not found” is one of them.
This bug is not unique to Fortnite. This is mainly because Windows cannot load the specific DLL file required to run the application. In the case of Fortnite, this could be several different DLLs.
Download Epic Games Launcher
The next step is to download the Epic Games Launcher …
- To do this, click on the desktop, then on the corresponding icon.
- In the launcher, select the small gear symbol next to the Start button (green).
- From the loaded menu, select Browse.
- It may take a while – and basically fixes all the underlying issues with Fortnite and its files.
- When done, click on “Run”.
This should launch the game and allow you to play it.
If this doesn’t work after that, you will have to reinstall (which will take longer and require more disk space).
To fix other problems, first make sure Windows is working properly. Then there is no problem with other system dependencies. If you need help with this process, there are a number of free online resources including the Epic Games Forum, SuperUser, and Microsoft Answers. If you need more help, it’s best to see a specialist (which could cost you money).
Delete binaries folder
Another quick fix to this problem is to delete the Binaries folder for Fortnite. Follow the instructions below:
1) Press the Windows logo key and E on your keyboard at the same time.
2) Type C: \ Program Files \ Epic Games \ Fortnite \ FortniteGame in the address bar and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Select the Binaries folder and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
4) Restart Epic Games Launcher and try launching the game again.
If you still can’t open Fortnite, try the next fix.
Turn off and check your internet connection.
By turning it off and on again, users can completely update the temporary computer configurations and clear any module failure conditions. Each computer that the game and the operating system has access to has many configurations stored. If you have not turned off your computer for a long time, some configurations may become corrupted and cause the error message described above. Here we completely update your PC by restarting it and checking if the error is resolved.
- Disconnect the main power cord from the router and computer (after turning them off). Now hold the power button for about 4-6 seconds.
- When you’re done, take a break for about 3-5 minutes to make sure the computer is turned off.
- When the time is up, reconnect everything and wait a few minutes for the network to send correctly again and your computer won’t start.
- Now check if the problem is resolved and you can play Fortnite without any problem.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.