RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Android is known for its flexibility of adaptation. Whether it’s the home screen, the application drawer or the notification window, you can customize everything to suit your needs. So why should the lock screen on your Android phone stay the same? It doesn’t. You can customise the lock screen in several ways.
The lock screen is your access to your phone. In its simplest form, you can access and reply to your notifications, view the date, time, and battery information, among other things.
Phones can easily get lost or misplaced, and a good way to prepare for this is to add your contact information to the lock screen of your Android phone, so that anyone who finds your phone can contact you. Below are the steps for adding a message to the Android phone lock screen.
Getting personal information on the lock screen
While you can choose to receive only general notifications on your lock screen, such as headlines or weather, you can also receive more personalized notifications for emails, reminders, flight reservations and other items.
- Activate the Google Assistant either verbally or by pressing and holding the center button on the home page when the phone is turned on.
- Select the “box” icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select your profile picture in the upper right corner to access your settings screen.
- Tap the Wizard tab.
- Scroll down to the “Assistants” category and select your phone.
- Scroll down to the “Personalization” category. Activate “Personal Results”. This will allow the Google Wizard to access your email, calendar, etc.
- Enable “Lock personal on-screen results” so that the results of this access will appear on your lock screen.
Have you used any of the available customizations for the lock screen on your Android phone? Which ones are your favorites? Customizing your phone is an important selling point for the Android experience. One way to customise your Android phone is to add a personalised message on the lock screen.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.