Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Technology can bring people together, but sometimes you need space – and sometimes you need to keep people from reaching you at all.
When it comes to Google Hangouts, you can stop people from doing that. Remember, if you block someone, they can still see if you’re online, but they won’t be able to contact you.
Here’s how you can do it in the desktop or mobile version of the site
Block and Report Someone on Google Hangouts for Web
When you block someone, they can see you’re online, but they can’t send you stragglers.
If you block or ignore a user, you can also report abuse.
- Go to Hangouts at hangouts.google.com or Gmail on your computer.
- Select the person from the contact list to open the conversation.
- Click Settings at the top of the conversation, and then click Block and report blocking.
- To report abuse, select the ‘Also report abuse’ checkbox.
- To block only the person, uncheck the “Also report” checkbox.
- Click Confirm.
When you report abuse, a copy of the last ten messages from your conversation will be sent to Google for review.
Block Someone in Google Hangouts for Android
- Open the Hangouts application on your Android phone or tablet.
- Open an outgoing call.
- Tap More and then tap People.
- Select the person you want to block, and then Block.
- Block keys.
Block someone Google Hangouts for iOS
- Open the Hangouts application.
- Tap the Conversations tab at the bottom.
- Open a conversation outside.
- Tap More in the top right corner and then tap People.
- Select the person you want to block and then select Block Users.
- Block keys.
Block and Report Someone from a Hangout Invite
You can control who can contact you through your Hangouts invitation settings. But if someone sends you an unwanted invitation, you can block it and report it.
- Sign in to Hangouts at hangouts.google.com or in Gmail on the desktop.
- Open your invitation list
On hangouts.google.com, click on “Invitations” in the left menu.
In Gmail, click your name in the top left sidebar under ‘Hangouts’ to open the settings, then click ‘Invitations’.
- click on the invitation to open the discussion
- Click on the “Ignore” button at the bottom of the chat window.
- On the Ignore screen, select Block and/or Report.
- Click OK
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.