Last Updated on July 4, 2019
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
In the past, websites were static, which means that when the page was loaded, the content remained the same and showed the same content to each visitor to the website. However, with dynamic websites, things have changed and this has generated unique content each time the page loads. With the advent of features such as automatic website updating, users will greatly benefit from real-time information where websites are automatically updated every few seconds to display updated content. This is especially useful when you are viewing real-time websites that publish news, auctions, election results and other live reports.
If you have several tabs open, Chrome can be very slow. Worse still, you will have to change tabs and wait while your browser downloads the entire page from the Internet. Imagine that you are browsing through several tabs to find the one you want, and now they all need to be reloaded just because you clicked on it!
Disabling automatic update in Chrome is a little complicated compared to other browsers and cannot be done directly. Therefore, you must install the third-party extension.
Therefore, I would suggest to install the Auto Refresh Blocker extension. With this option, you can disable the Automatic Chrome Refresh function without any problem.
How To Stop Web Page Auto-Refresh in Chrome
1. click on the key icon in the upper right corner, then on “Tools” and then on “Extensions”.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on “Get More Extensions”.
3. type “Stop AutoRefresh” in the search field and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
4. click on “Add to Chrome” next to the result “Stop AutoRefresh” which should be the first result.
5. On the confirmation screen, click on “Add”.
6. Click on the expansion icon (a white round arrow in a red hexagon) at the top of the screen if you want to stop the automatic update of a page. Note that the icon only appears when you visit a page that uses automatic refresh.
Finally, we discussed in this article how to disable automatic update in popular web browsers, and from now on, there will be no center activity or page reloading during content playback, and no rebooting of songs in online music streaming.
I hope that this article, as well as the simple options mentioned above, will help you solve the problem of automatic updating in your browser. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments box below.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.