RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you see this error message: “The application was unable to start correctly”, it is probably because you are trying to run a game or program and something is wrong.
Below are several methods, most of them simple, that you can use to try to fix the 0xc00007b error. You may only need one, but in some cases, you will need a combination of both.
Typically, this error is displayed when you have a mix of 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows and applications.
Restart your computer
A small problem may occur in your system when you see an error “The application could not start properly”. A simple restart of your computer can correct the error 0xc00007b.
Run your application as an administrator
If you encounter a 0xc00007b error, you can try running your request as an administrator and see if it helps.
- Right-click on the application you want to open. Then select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab. Select Run this program as administrator. Then click OK.
- Try running your application and see if this fixes the error.
Make a Clean Boot to Avoid any Third-party Software Conflict
To make it easier to troubleshoot error messages and other problems, you can start Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This type of startup is called “clean startup”. A clean start eliminates software conflicts.
By putting your system in a clean boot state, you can determine whether third-party applications or startup components are causing the problem. You must follow the steps in the article below to perform a clean boot.
Install Windows Updates and fix error code 0xc000007b
Windows Updates fixes many problems, and the 0xc00007b error could be one of them. This fix is especially important for those who have disabled automatic Windows updates and have not installed the latest updates for a long time.
- Press the Windows + I key and select Update and Security.
- Now click the “Check for Updates” button.
- The system should automatically detect and install any missing Windows updates.
- To complete the installation, reboot the system and check if the problem persists.
Some software and especially games require DirectX software.
However, your PC must contain the latest version of DirectX for games and software to work properly.
Download and install them from the following link.
Downloading the .Net Framework
In many cases, this error may be due to the .NET framework. Therefore, try reinstalling the latest or appropriate version of the .NET framework.
- Download and install the .NET Framework to resolve the 0xc00007b error.
- After successfully reinstalling the application, restart your PC to make the changes.
- And check whether the “Application could not start correctly” (0xc000007b) error is fixed or not.
I hope this article will help you to correct the 0xc00007b error on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can contact us by leaving comments in the “Comments” section below.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.