Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you cannot see a battery icon in the Windows 10 taskbar, it can be hidden or disabled. The icon should appear in the Windows taskbar area next to the time and date. It’s hard to say why this little white icon disappears without permission – it happened to me after a recent Windows update – but fortunately, it’s easy to fix.
How to recover a missing battery icon in Windows 10.
To restore the battery icon that is missing in Windows 10
- Hold down the button or right-click on an empty area of the desktop.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Display Settings.
- In the Settings window, in the Search for search parameter text box, type the text to select the icons.
- Click or press the Select button to select the icons that appear in the taskbar.
- In the window that appears, make sure that the power slider is set to On.
Added the battery icon in the taskbar under Windows 10
To add the battery icon to the taskbar, select Start > Settings > Customize > Taskbar and scroll to the notification area. Select the icons that appear in the taskbar and turn the switch to ON.
You can check the battery status by selecting the battery icon in the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen.
Notes: You may need to select Show hidden icons in the taskbar before selecting the battery icon. Systems without batteries cannot be powered.
Disable and reactivate Microsoft Drivers.
Follow the steps below to first disable and then reactivate the Microsoft drivers on your Windows 10 laptop.
Right-click the Windows Start button, then click the Device Manager option in the menu that appears.
On the Device Manager screen, expand the Batteries section.
Right-click on Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Devices, then click Disable.
Right-click on Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Devices, then click Enable.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft AC Adapter driver
This problem can also be caused by a bad battery driver. You can solve it by reinstalling your battery driver.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to enter the Run field.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the field and press Enter.
3) Double-click on Batteries to expand the section. Then right-click on Microsoft AC Adapter to select Uninstall. Click Yes when prompted to confirm the uninstallation.
4) When this is done, click Action to select the Check for Hardware Changes option. Windows should then automatically install a new power driver for you.
5) Reinstall the battery of the Microsoft ACPI compliant test method using the same method as described in steps 3) to 4).
This manual should solve the missing problem with the battery icon on Windows 10……….
In the Device Manager step, you must be very careful when disabling and enabling drivers. Don’t forget to let your favorite Windows computer rest from time to time, because overheating can cause many more problems than the disappearance of the battery icon. Hope! This article has been useful.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.