RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
A secure browser is important and that is why many users choose AVG Secure Browser. The browser comes from a reputable antivirus company and offers robust functionality.
However, many users have reported that they have had problems removing the AVG Secure Browser from their PC. This can be an issue, so today we will show you how to uninstall AVG Secure Browser correctly.
What is AVG Secure Browser?
AVG Secure Browser is a web browser that comes with AVG security software. It was designed by AVG with built-in security and privacy features to protect online users. This is no ordinary browser. This browser contains a set of tools and features such as Webcam Guard and Anti-Fingerprinting etc. For some users, the additional tools are very useful because they feel that these tools protect their privacy, identity and personal information. AVG Secure Browser allows you to import bookmarks and data from Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, and invites you to use it as your default browser. However, some users do not want to use this browser as they think it is slow. The collection of tools is useful, but it slows down your browsing speed. They prefer their old browser with familiar features they had before. It is normal for users to have different opinions about the same program.
Usually AVG Safe Browser is included in AVG Antivirus packages. During installation of AVG software, it is checked whether the browser is installed by default. It can also be installed when you update your AVG software with the latest version. If you do not want it to be installed on your PC, you will need to manually uncheck the “Safe Browser” checkbox. If you like the browser, you can keep it for private browsing. Some users decide to uninstall AVG Safe Browser for certain reasons. Whether you like the browser or not, you certainly have the option to keep it or remove it.
Uninstall AVG Secure Browser from the Settings App
- Make sure that no other applications or anti-virus software are running on your PC.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Applications and Features from the menu that appears.
- Make sure that the Apps & Features option is selected on the left side of the window, then click on AVG Secure Browser and choose Uninstall.
- If the User Account Control dialog asks you to approve, click Yes.
- When the AVG Secure Browser uninstaller is displayed, click Uninstall to confirm the uninstallation.
- Wait until the uninstaller has removed AVG Secure Browser from your PC.
- When the uninstallation is finished, click OK, Security to complete the uninstall investigation.
- AVG Secure Browser will now be uninstalled from your PC.
Uninstall AVG Secure Browser using the Command Prompt
- Click Start, then type “cmd” (without quotes); wait for CMD.EXE or the command prompt to appear in the list, then right-click and select “Run as administrator”.
- Then highlight the text below with your mouse :
rmdir /q /s avg\Browser
rmdir /q /s %programdata%\avg\browser
echo this is a dummy line
- Right-click on the text marked above and select “Copy” from the dialog menu.
- Now click on the black window of the administrative command prompt that you opened in step 1, then right-click in the middle of the window and select “Paste”. The text you copied in step 2 should now be displayed in the command line and the AVG Safe Browser should be removed.
- You should also be able to remove AVG Safe Browser from your Control Panel through programs and features. It is possible that the program is already deleted. If this is the case, you should also ask yourself if you would like to remove it from the list. Choose Yes.
Using the AVG Clear tool
- Download the AVG Clear tool.
- Once the tool is downloaded, please run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the AVG software.
- This tool is designed to remove the AVG software in case other methods do not allow it. When using this tool, please delete all files and registry entries connected to the AVG Secure Browser.
Using the traditional method of Windows 10 applications and features or the control panel programs and features (Add/Remove Programs) often results in incomplete removal. If you are trying to uninstall AVG Secure Browser manually, but do not know how to start it or are experiencing difficulties, the best solution is to use the uninstall program to remove the program automatically. The uninstaller will try to take control of the uninstallation process and remove what is missing from the official uninstaller. It can clean the remaining registry entries and program drivers and correct installation/uninstallation errors for you. The uninstaller also provides customized troubleshooting solutions and on-demand remote assistance if users have difficulty uninstalling the software themselves. The uninstaller is better able to manage the uninstallation process and remove the residual files that the built-in Windows uninstaller always leaves behind. You should try it.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.